Could it have been the blue ribbons? Style filters down, babe.
"The ribbons were intended to be a constructive act by the staff to show support for a common goal, which is good governance," says Alison Cave, head of the World Bank Staff Association.
"The staff needed a challenge," said Morallina Fanwar George, former staff association chairman and ribbon organizer. "They needed something productive." (Later, Wolfowitz himself was seen wearing a blue ribbon around the office, which he claimed -- wait for it -- was a symbol of malaria awareness.) By close of business yesterday, the blue ribbons had become a new symbol -- of victory."
Friday, May 18, 2007
BLOG ARCHIVE - READ MUCH MORE HERE
- Good Night and Good Luck
- News Round Up May 19, 2007: Succession, the next p...
- Feedback from staff to Wolfowitz letter
- Wolfowitz Letter to Board
- Transparency International Calls on Bank to Streng...
- Senior Management Messages to World Bank Staff
- Staff Comments on Wolfowitz Resignation
- News Round Up, The Afterglow
- Ten things Wolfowitz could do while on administrat...
- Blue Ribbons Became Attire Of Their Ire
- Staff Association Response to Resignation
- Who will be acting...?
- Wolfowitz Resigns. It is official
- Word from the staff....
- Word from the board....
- Ana Palacio moving on already.....?
- Our favorite pieces from the report...... f**k you...
- Board reconvenes
- Bush voices 'regret'
- Wolfowitz friend says, "Paul has no plan"
- Bush says Wolfowitz seeking what's best for bank
- News Round Up, May 17, 2007
- Board adjourns, no negotiations took place
- Worldbankpresident.org down, Sabotage Suspected
- Wolfowitz Said to Be Working on Resignation Deal
- Wolfowitz support wanes as World Bank meets on his...
- Petition Urges EDs to Adopt Merit-Based Leadership...
- ABC News - Wolfowitz to Resign This Afternoon?
- World Bank Board adjourns at U.S. request
- Trevor Manuel Speaks Out, Says "C'est la vie"
- U.S. Needs to Take Responsibility
- New Job For Wolfie - Ambassador to Iraq?
- Berlin, Will He, Won't He?
- Role of State Department to be investigated
- Wolfowitz Cancels Trip to Slovenia
- Germany slams Wolfowitz as bank board meets
- News Round Up, May 16, 2007
- Canada Comes Out of the Closet
- US fails to win extra time in Wolfowitz crisis
- GAP Posts Letter From Riza Whistleblower
- ABC News, World Bank President Losing White House ...
- News Round Up, May 15, 2007
- Country Directors' Letter to Wolfowitz and Board
- Report Issued from Ad Hoc Group - Coll was told he...
- White House in Last Ditch Effort to Save Wolfowitz...
- News Round Up, May 14, 2007
- Next week Wolfowitz packs bags for Slovenia, leave...
- News Round Up, May 11, 2007
- Wolfowitz offered numerous opportunities to make c...
- Avaaz Petition Delivered - 50,000 Signatures
- News Round Up May 10, 2007
- World Bank Staff Association Update on "TCS" - The...
- News Round Up May 9, 2007
- Worldbankpresident.org Blogger Wins Satire of The ...
- Fire Wolfowitz Rally Outside Bank, 1pm Tomorrow
- News Round Up, May 8, 2007
- Kevin Kellems resigns from World Bank
- Governance & Anticorruption Team Letter - 764 sign...
- Wrap up of the Wolfowitz Leadership Scandal
- The Economist
- Wolfowitz Response to Melkert and Danino
- Five Former Bank Governors Speak Out
- News Round Up, May 7, 2007
- ▼ May (63)