Krishna Guha and Eoin Callan in Washington
April 23 2007
The independent agency charged with assessing the effectiveness of the World Bank has issued a searing indictment of Paul Wolfo-witz's leadership, warning that the situation at the bank risks causing "irreparable harm to worldwide efforts in poverty reduction and sustainable development".
In a formal statement seen by the Financial Times, which the bank's board will consider this week, the Independent Evaluation Group called for "swift changesin management and aconcerted effort to restore credibility".
Click here for full story
See Comments for IEG Statement
Sunday, April 22, 2007
BLOG ARCHIVE - READ MUCH MORE HERE
- Wolfowitz decries "smear campaign" against him and...
- A Message to Wolfowitz and the Board of Executive...
- Orders to Play Down ‘Climate Change’ Came From Wol...
- Letter from Paul Wolfowitz to Herman Wijffels, Net...
- Shaha Never Seconded to State Department
- News Round Up, May 4, 2007
- News Round Up, May 3, 2007
- News Round Up, May 2, 2007
- EU Parliament Demands US Secure Resignation Of Wor...
- United States seeks to roll back reproductive heal...
- News Round Up, May 1, 2007
- Wolfowitz's Employment Contract
- News Round Up, April 30, 2007
- Document dispute at center of Wolfowitz case
- Volcker Panel Finally Begins Work
- News Round Up, April 26, 2007
- Consequences if he stays
- Former senior staff call for Wolfowitz to Resign
- News Round Up April 25: "biggest crisis in Bank hi...
- NPR - Wolfowitz Case Offers Test of Multilateralis...
- Scandal threatens World Bank's role
- Wheeler calls for Wolfowitz to step down, White Ho...
- What part of 'resign' don't you understand?
- Bank Executive Directors Widen Investigation
- European NGOs back resignation
- Blue Ribbon - Testimonial for Good Governance
- Shaha, Paul and Iraq - Tell What You Know
- Williams & Connolly and Ana Palacio – Tell What Yo...
- Ana Palacio, World Bank General Counsel - Tell Wha...
- Call to Safeguard Reproductive Health at the World...
- Washington's $8 Billion Shadow - Vanity Fair, Marc...
- What do Ana Palacio, Robert Barnett, and Jonathan ...
- High Noon - Wolfowitz Pack Your Bags!
- Sweetheart Deals Not Limited to Sweethearts
- Editorials call for Wolfowitz to resign, cite need...
- Template Available - Staff Letter to Board
- International Herald Tribune editorial calls for W...
- World Bank Staff sick of sleaze and corruption, be...
- ▼ April (38)